Total Sanctioned strength :50
Eligibility for Admission to the M.Ed. course is on the basis of Joint Entrance Test conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh which is 55% in B. Ed. (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) (for 2016-17). The candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination can apply for the Entrance Test.
Scheme of Test
The scheme of Entrance test is as follows:
M.Ed. Entrance Test of 1 hour 30 minutes duration comprises 75 questions of one mark each. The test is objective type. Each question has four choices labelled as A, B, C and D.
The test shall be based on the foundation course curricula of the following papers in B.Ed. of the Panjab University:
- Philosophical and Sociological Basis of Education
- The Learner – Nature and Development (Educational Psychology)
- Teaching – Learning Process
- School Management
- Guidance & Counselling
Procedure for Admission
- After the result of the Entrance Test has been declared, all eligible candidates are required to send the application form for admission to M.Ed. to A.R. (CET Cell).
- The admission to the M.Ed. course is done strictly as per the N.C.T.E. norms by the Admission Committee to be constituted by the Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University.
- The Admission is done through centralized counselling. Every candidate has to appear in the counselling in person.
- The dates and venue for the counselling is notified in the leading dailies of the region.
- Separate merit list for M.Ed. (Regular) and M.Ed. (through Correspondence) is computed by the University by giving 50% weightage to entrance test and 50% weightage to the qualifying examination as follows:
- Weightage (%): Entrance 50
- Weightage (%): Qualifying Examination 50
- The final merit is computed by the University by adding other permissible weightages such as NCC, NSS, Cultural activities, Youth Welfare and Passing last examination from Panjab University as per University rules.