The placement cell of an institution plays a crucial role and is the integral part of the institution. In the present era of science and technology, the competition for employment is increasing day by day along new perimeters of employment in teaching profession. In order to acquaint our would be teachers with all the necessary information and skills required, Guru Gobind Singh College of Education (for Women) has formally established PLACEMENT CELL in the session 2007-08 in the college campus. The CELL acts as a connecting link between the students and the recruiting agencies. The job market does not need only well qualified candidates but the main focus is on ‘skills’, not only the communication skills but some soft skills too. To fulfill the requirement of the jobs, well qualified and skilled teachers are required who can deal with the problems of teaching learning process. The cell, time-to-time, interacts with the practice teaching schools to know about their requisites. According to their requirement, we try to develop all the skills and attitudes in our student teachers.The main focus of the cell is to empower students with life-long career decision-making, Helping students for future…… Not just a job.
The placement cell in short span of time has developed a connection with the reputed schools of the region. The role of the placement cell is to organize the past records of the students at the time of admissions helping them to prepare and update their individual profiles by providing the technical guidance, knowledge of different pedagogies and school related experiences through variety of activities. At G.G.S. College of Education, we are trying our level best to develop the potential of our students through rigorous practical exposure and interactions. More emphasis is given on skill development of the students.
- Placement services are provided to the students through the placement cell. Campus interviews are conducted.
- Guidance is given on interview techniques and communication skills.
- Students are helped to write their CVs.
- All the information regarding job opportunities is given to the students.
- The cell acts as an information center for students various competitive examinations like TET, CTET, NET, etc.
- Placement cell forms an interface between academics and corporate world. It helps the students in making better and informed career choices.
Provides training to the students including how to prepare CV, interview skills, positive self image, creative thinking, learning attitude, stress management, effective verbal and non-verbal communication.